Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
- Receiving specimens and accessioning in the LIMS system. Accurately identify, label and transport specimen to designated lab area.
- Properly comment any additional or missing information and contact office staff with a request.
- Promptly notifies immediate supervisor of exceptions and/or unusual occurrences.
- Properly handles and stores ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens. Properly discard specimen according to SOP.
- Pack and ship remaining specimens back to customers upon request.
- Properly operate centrifuges, dispose of contaminated materials, keep work areas supplied and clean.
- Assist lab scientists with the operation of standard laboratory instruments.
- Clean work area, surrounding laboratory after completion of work day.
- Handle hazardous waste in accordance to preset policies, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Perform routine laboratory assistant duties according to SOP.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience, abilities, and other requirements):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Understanding of Laboratory quality control and assurance preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office