Account Manager- Genomic Services
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How you’ll add value…
The Account Manager is the primary relationship owner for a portfolio of designated accounts within their assigned territory. They are responsible for building and maintaining strong client relationships, developing account management strategies, coordinating with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet clients' needs. They generate revenue by ensuring client satisfaction and driving retention, renewals, and expansion of new or existing business.
What you’ll do…
- Achieve annual sales goals within defined accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer relationships. Accounts may include Pharmaceutical Companies, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts, and the NIH within a designated region or territory.
- Drive growth by developing and successfully executing account management strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing on creating a marketing plan, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and executing on campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with Inside Sales, Sales Specialists, Technical Support and in some cases Corporate Accounts ensuring effective collaboration of resources to deliver on client needs
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor's Degree required (Biology or Life Sciences preferred)
- Relevant experience in account management in a designated region/ territory
- Proven track record in meeting/ exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrates keen business acumen, sound decision making, analytical and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment; a consultative approach to managing client relationships
- Confident communication (written and oral) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders of internal and external organizations
- Must have valid driver’s license
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
- Home office based