Scientist, Study Director
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Azenta is looking to welcome an experienced Scientist, Study Director to join our Regulatory Services team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Scientist, Study Director
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
At Azenta, formerly Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for GLP Studies using molecular biology approaches for characterization of nucleic acids (primarily Sanger Sequencing)
- Produce Study Protocols and Study Reports while ensuring quoted service captures scope of Study.
- Review laboratory records which primary consist of batch records reflective of extraction, PCR, sequencing, and data analysis.
- Work closely and collaboratively with operations team, Quality Assurance, Management and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for timeline completion of studies.
- Responsible for compliant completion of studies.
- Comfortable designing PCR primers for nucleic acid amplification.
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner to assist with simple troubleshooting efforts
- MS or PhD in Life Sciences
- 3+ years of previous molecular biology experience in a clinical lab
- Previous experience in a GLP, GMP, or GCP environment
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
- Previous experience with validation work highly desirable